Last updated: 2 November 2020
This website (referred to herein as the "Site") is operated by a company (referred to herein as "we" or "us" within the Dorel Home Furnishings group of companies. The relevant Dorel Home company that is responsible for your personal information, will be the Dorel Home company that you provided information to.
For more information about the Dorel Home Furnishings group of companies and brands, or the specific Dorel Home company responsible for your personal information, please see https://www.dorel.com/eng/home-furnishings-consumer-contacts, or contact us by using the contact details listed below.
- Who we are
- Information we may collect
- Use and sharing of information collected
- Legal basis for processing your personal information
- Cookies, web beacons, and online advertising
- Social Network Access
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Third-Party Sites
- Your data protection rights
- How to make a request
- Authorized agent
- Changes and Updates
Who we are
[Dorel Home Furnishings] (collectively, "Dorel Home", "we" or "us") takes your privacy extremely seriously. We aim to process personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent way, specifically for the purposes for which it was collected, in and adequate and limited way, for as long as it is necessary and promoting security measures to keep the personal data accurate, up to date and safe.
Dorel Home, is a company (within the group Dorel Industries Inc.) specialized in delivering a wide variety of ready to assemble furniture for home and office use, headquartered at 410 East First Street South, Wright City, Missouri 63390, USA. You can find our office locations and full list of Dorel Home companies / brands at: https://www.dorel.com/eng/home-furnishings-consumer-contacts or by contact us using the contact details listed in the header.
This policy explains what data we collect, how and why we collect it, how we store, use, disclose and keep information about you and your interactions with us secure. These interactions include when you visit and use our websites, when you register for newsletters, events, contests, sales, reviews or marketing activities, download digital assets, register and participate in our online community like using our forums or online media channels or when you reply to a Dorel Home survey.
Information we may collect
The data we process (collect, use and share) about you depends on who you are and how we interact with you. Personal information is data that directly identifies you or that makes you indirectly identifiable. This includes data that can be used to identify, locate, track or contact you.
We collect personal data from different sources, namely data provided directly by you, data collected automatically from the website use and additional data from third parties.
Data provided directly by you:
As a visitor to the site, you can engage in many activities and experience the website without providing any personal information.
Regarding other activities within the website, We may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, by filling in online forms, namely:
|Activity||Personal Data Collected|
|Sign up for a newsletter||If your sign up for a Newsletter we will process your email and we may process your name.|
|Recalls||If you join a recall We may process your name, email address, street address, apartment, state / province, city, zip code, telephone number.|
|Presenting a claim (general or warranty related):||If you present a claim, regarding a general issue or to activate a warranty. We may process your name, email, address, phone number and bill of sale.|
|Requesting Product Data||If you request Us to provide you with a product manual We may process your Name, Email address, Telephone number, Street Address, City, Country, State / Province, Zip Code|
|Contacting Us||If you contact Us to provide you with product information, We may process your name, Email address, Telephone number, Street Address, Apt/suite, City, State / province, Zip Code|
Exercising your privacy rights
|When you submit a request related to our processing of personal information about you, we process your name, email address, residence, type of request, any comments you provide, and any additional information needed to verify your identity.|
Usage data collected automatically:
When you visit the Site, our servers may capture the IP addresses, browser type, operating system, browser dimensions, device type, domain names and network identifiers of our users. In some countries, including those in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personally identifiable information under applicable data protection laws. This information is aggregated so that we can measure the number of visits, average time that you (as a visitor) spend on the Site, the pages viewed, and other similar usage information.
We use this information to measure the use of our Site and applications, and to improve the content and functionality of our Site and Apps. Without expressly informing you, we do not, and will not, match such information with any of your personal information.
When visiting the site, We may collect your personal information, such as Electronic Identification Data (IP addresses, browser type, operating system, CPU speed, domain names and network identifiers of our users).
Additional data from third parties:
We also obtain data from third parties to whom you've provided your information, for example, to provide you with a service requested by you (delivery of a product) or where you've given your consent to be transferred to us. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third parties sources may include service providers that help us to determine a location based on your IP address, in order to customize certain products to your location and Dorel Home partners with which we engage in sales and marketing processes.
We may collect, from third parties to whom you've provided information personal information, such as Contact Data (Home address (including ZIP code), email address, phone number and Electronic localization data (GPS - based on IP address).
Use and Sharing of information collected
You have the right to know if your personal data is being shared with third parties. Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Site is retained by us or our parent, subsidiaries, or sister companies ("Affiliates"). We and our Affiliates do not rent, sell, transfer or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information outside those companies, except as disclosed below or where disclosure is required by law. In other words:
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in order to be able to provide you with services and / or products that you required, to complete any transaction or with your consent. We may share data with Dorel-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries, with vendors working on our behalf, when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of our products and to protect the rights and property of Dorel and its customers.
We may use
- a) to contact product owners in response to product recalls,
- b) to understand the use of our Site and make improvements,
- c) to fulfill prices,
- d) to respond to requests from visitors
- e) to give customers product support,
- f) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors
- g) to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary,
- h) to send you notices and solicitations regarding the Site, our products or our Affiliates,
- i) in general to promote and market our products and/or products of our Affiliates to you.
We also may share
- a) to provide us with services in connection with the purposes listed above, such as website hosting, professional services (including information technology services and related infrastructure), customer service, shipping of items you order (transport companies for logistic services), auditing and other similar services necessary to the operation of the Site and services you request. In such cases, the information will be shared for the purpose stated and not for independent use by the service provider;
- b) in connection with an actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock;
- c) to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary:
- as a matter of applicable law or regulation,
- to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or
iii. to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and
- d) to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal Basis for processing your personal information
Some regulations require that companies identify the Legal Basis that support the processing activity of personal data.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collected.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only:
- where we need the personal information to enter into or perform a contract with you, for example when you purchase our products (or spare parts);
- where the processing is in our legitimate interestsand not overridden by your rights, for example responding to your queries or tailor our marketing to you, or;
iii. where we have your consent to do so.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to:
- operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services and support to you,
- responding to your queries,
- improving our services and platform,
- undertaking marketing, or
- for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
It is our policy that visitors to our Site(s) who are under the age of 18 (or applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction) should not post on or provide information to our Site without the consent of their parents. You should supervise the online activities of your children, and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers that help provide a kid-friendly Internet environment. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 from the site. If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a children under age 13, we will delete that information.
Cookies, web beacons, and online advertising
This Site has technical and organizational security measures in place. Some of the measures we use in different circumstances are encryption, secured entry points to our servers, and monitoring and training for our personnel to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also have implemented measures to maintain the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems and services that process personal information, and will restore the availability and access to data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft of information will not occur.
We retain personal data we collect where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In general, we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us and for a reasonable period of time afterward, for instance to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We review our retention periods of personal information on a regular basis.
This Site may contain links to other sites of third parties. We are not responsible for the content of those websites or the privacy practices of those other sites or sites that they, in turn, may link to.
Your data protection rights
Regardless of where you are, you have rights under privacy and data protection laws, regarding the personal data we process about you.
You may exercise your rights by email or contacting us via telephone through the contacts available below.
You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to acknowledge and respond to your request within the specific legal timeframe required by the laws applicable to personal information about you.
We will honor the requests you make related to your rights as the law allows, meaning that in some cases there may be legal or other official reasons that limits us to comply the specific request you make related to you rights.
You have / may exercise the following rights:
- the right to be informed (to know) about the personal data that we process, at or before the point of collection (when obtained directly from you).
- the right to access, correct, update or request deletion the personal information we process about you:
- Right of access: you may request us to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information and its processing.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request us to rectify your information.
- Right to erasure / deletion: You may request us to erase/ delete your information, for instance, if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information;
- Right to object, processing of personal data based in our legitimate interests, for instance regarding direct marketing purposes.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request us to restrict the processing of your information, if
- (i) the information is inaccurate,
- (ii) the processing is unlawful,
- (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or
- (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request us to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
- the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email, phone and postal marketing during registration or at any time by contacting Us using the contact details provided below;
- the right, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- the right to equal service and price - right no to be discriminated.
We do not make decisions solely on automated processing, including profiling, that may produce legal effects or similarly significantly effects concerning you.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have an unresolved privacy or personal data collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please know that you have the right to complain / address your concerns to a local Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
How to make a request
To exercise your privacy rights you can communicate to us by sending an email to DHFDataPrivacyRequest@Dorel.com and if you are in the United States, by calling toll-free 877-732-8252.
In order for us to protect personal data in our responsibility we are required to confirm the identity of the owner of the personal data.
On receiving a right request, we will contact you, acknowledging your request and ask you to provide us with information that enable us to confirm your identity as the owner of the personal data in order to comply with your request. This may be confirmation on something we know about you or something we know you have, given our relationship.
Authorized Agent (for California Residents only)
Authorized Agents may exercise privacy rights on behalf of data subjects, provided that they make available evidence of permission signed by the data subject.
For security reasons, we may require the data subject to confirm their own identity. We may also require the data subject to confirm to us directly that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
The previous does not apply in cases where a consumer has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
An authorized agent shall not use a consumer's personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer's requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Changes and Updates
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Address: Data Privacy Department 410 East First Street South, Wright City, Missouri 63390, USA